St Anne's Chapel

After the demolition of the Chapel of Our Lady of Ackere (1897), pastor Segers had a new chapel, the Saint Anne's Chapel, built in the same year. This chapel was built about a hundred metres further into the village. The property has a rocky appearance. The grotto of Our Lady of Lourdes can be found behind the chapel. There were seven chapels (the seven contractions of Our Lady) at St Anne's Chapel. These were demolished in 1967 to make way for the 'chiroheem', which has since been moved again.